Saturday, July 30, 2011

Herby Thermomix Omelette

Herby thermomix omelette with green salad

I love an eggy brunch or lunch on a weekend. I usually make scrambled eggs and occasionally fried. I find poaching a disaster and ultimately a waste of my good organic free range eggs.

Omelettes I like, however made in a fry pan I tend to burn them, even on low heat so when i found out I could do an omelette using the thermomix I was intrigued. Not only can't you burn it, you don't need any oil! Bonus!




 What to do?

Put a handful of your fave herbs like coriander, parsley or basil in the thermomix bowl and chop on speed 7 till they stop hitting the sides

If adding cheese (optional) put approx 25g per person in the bowl and chop of speed 5 for a few secs or till a grated texture.

omelette mix in varoma tray
Add 4 eggs per person to the bowl (don't crack the eggs on the side of the TM bowl)

Add a some salt and pepper and mix on speed 4 till combined.

Line the varoma tray with baking paper and pour the omelette mix onto it



Cooked omelette
Rinse the TM bowl, cover the blades with water, bring water up to varoma temperature then add the varoma on top. Steam for approx 6-7 mins. Check the centre isn't wobbly before removing. If it is, give it another 1-2 mins.

Lift the omelette out of the varoma using the edges of the paper, slice in half and serve with a beautiful salad for two people.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is more herbs than egg, and I love it! Looks so fresh and healthy. You've made me hungry for an omelette but it's 10pm here and I think this will have to wait till tomorrow. Thanks for the tweaky, herby inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing - it takes me back to my childhood!!!

    ReplyDelete